This 13 spice can be used alone as a rub for your meats OR you can use it as directed below to make a
delicious BBQ sauce!
13 Spice Rub
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup seasoned salt (reduce to 1/8 cup for low-sodium version)
- 1/4 cup paprika (sweet Hungarian)
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika (Spanish)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rubbed dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Place all of the above in a bowl. Whisk to mix. Store. Use on meat, fish, or poultry!
Rooted Veggies Season to your liking drizzle with olive oil and bake 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.