1 cup quinoa (dry)
2 cups chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 cups spinach, chopped into small pieces
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon minced oregano
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, reduced-fat
1 pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup egg whites
1. In a covered pot, bring quinoa and broth to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a low simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until softened. Add spinach in batches until completely wilted down.
4. In a large bowl combine quinoa, spinach, onion, oregano, feta, salt and pepper. Add egg to quinoa mixture and incorporate.
5. Spray mini muffin tin(s) with nonstick spray. Spoon quinoa mixture into the tin(s) using a tablespoon, gently patting down.
6. Bake in 350°F oven for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tin.
Makes about 36 quinoa bites.
This recipe makes 12 servings 93 calories per serving
Integrity Health is a franchise company residing in New Hampshire. We specialize in health coaching centers combining fitness with weight loss to optimize and promote optimal health.