- Sunflower Seed oil, for frying
- 2 lb. chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded, room temperature
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 c. shredded purple cabbage
- 2 large carrots, shaved with peeler
- 2 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. grated garlic
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Pour enough oil into a deep large pot to reach four inches high. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Rinse and dry chicken and season with salt and pepper, then toss with cornstarch. Shake off excess and transfer to a large bowl.
- Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet lined with paper towels. When oil has come to temperature, add chicken in batches using a slotted spoon. (Do not overcrowd the pot or the oil temperature will drop.) Fry chicken until golden and crispy, 10 minutes. Continue cooking chicken in batches, ensuring temperature remains at 350 degrees F. Drain chicken on cooling rack and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while chicken is frying, whisk together vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl. Toss together with cabbage, carrots, and cilantro. Transfer slaw to a large serving platter with chicken.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic, ginger, 3 tablespoons honey, and soy sauce. Microwave 2 minutes. Drizzle all over chicken and serve remaining sauce for dipping.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
This recipe was found here -> HERE
Stop by to visit our Health Boutique at an Integrity Health Coaching Center nearest you!
Experience Integrity Health Coaching Fitness Centers & Gyms for yourself!
Getting you fit for less is what we do best!