Don't let pregnancy be an excuse to stop working out.
Meredith Lauze, 24 weeks pregnant, gets in the Gorham club regularly to stay fit.
In most cases exercise is safe and recommended.
Prenatal weight training has many benefits for both mom and baby.
1. Shorter and easier labor
2. Fewer complications
3. Lower risk of preterm birth
4. Less pain and discomfort during pregnancy
5. Strengthens your mind and body
6. May help prevent or treat gestational diabetes
7. Helps you get back in shape after delivery
8. Helps you sleep better
9. Improves your posture
1. Babies hearts are more likely to resist cardiovascular problems later in life
2. Reduced odds of diabetes
3. Brains mature faster
4. Higher APGAR scores
5. Handle stress of labor better
ALWAYS consult with your doctor before beginning a new program.
Ask your health coach about an EZCOACH program. Suitable for all levels of fitness.